An air door, also called an air curtain, employs a controlled stream of air aimed across an opening to create an air seal. This seal separates different environments, while allowing a smooth, unhindered flow of traffic and unobstructed vision through the opening. Because air doors/air curtains help to contain heated or air conditioned air, they provide sizeable energy savings and personal comfort when applied in industrial or commercial settings. Air curtains can also be used to stop the infiltration of flying insects.
Airlift Doors, Inc. has been a leader in the commercial door business for over 25 years. They have been manufacturing air powered openers since 1979 and polycarbonate doors since 1991.
They specialize in car care applications such as car washes, service bays, car dealerships, oil change bays, salt storage sheds, and vehicle showrooms. We have a strong distributor network set up across the United States and work with a limited number of distributors overseas.
Alaska Polycarbonate Overhead Door
While it operates in much the same way as other overhead doors, the design and functionality separates itself from the rest. Constructed out of light weight aluminum and Polycarbonate, the alaska door can withstand 200 times the impact of a glass door while maintaining only 1/8 the weight.
Options include Nickel Boron-plated Standard & Highlift Cable Drums, Strap-eze Winding Hubs and Shaft Couplers. Stainless Steel hinges & brackets, standard & highlift track and 1" Solid Stainless Steel shafts. Plastic Durahinge hinges, standard and low clearance tracks.
XRS Roll-Up Door Package
The XRS is not your typical roll-up door...
Low Maintenance, Corrosion Resistant, High Speed Operation
The XRS is our newest line of low maintenance, high speed, all-weather doors. It features:
- Breakaway design with automatic reset
- Complete weather seal including: heavy duty top rubber seal & dual side brush seals
- Speeds adjustable up to 34" per sec
- Complete corrosion resistant components
- A simple, low maintenance design
- Individually replaceable components
Air-Powered Door Openers
"The Power, Speed & Reliability of Air Openers"
Airlift Doors, Inc. has been manufacturing car wash openers for over 25 years, specifically designed for the wet, corrosive car wash environment. You won't find any other openers better suited for car wash applications.
As the premier manufacturer of gas fired infra-red heating equipment, Detroit Radiant Products Company offers an exclusive line of Re-Verber-Ray® brand high and low intensity radiant heaters for commercial, industrial, agricultural and residential heating applications.
Overhead Door Hardware
Airlift has hardware for every application. all of our hardware is commercial rated and is made to last. Many of our hardware options are unique and exclusive to airlift doors. We are the only ones to offer you Plastic Rack, Universal Plastic Hinges, Weatherguard Threshold and many others.
Airlift proudly produces two exclusive high-quality door cleaners. Their Aluminum Floor cleaner cleans and brightens service door frames. It's easy to use, safe, and environmentally friendly! Airlift's Polycarbonate & Vinyl Cleaner removes mineral buildup from service doors and walls. It's easy to use, safe, and environmentally friendly!
Berner International Corporation offers the most complete line of Air Doors/Air Curtains available. Our air doors/air curtains keep unconditioned air, fumes, and dust from entering through open doorways, saving energy and creating healthy, comfortable environments. Because Berner Air Door/Air Curtains employ the correct balance of Volume, Velocity, and Uniformity, an unheated unit has an average "payback" of two years or less.
- Wind stopping ability up to 30 mph
- Unheated, Electric, Steam/Hot Water or Gas Heat
- All units shipped fully assembled
- Durable construction
- Washdown Duty motors and construction for corrosive environments available
- Explosion Proof motors and Spark Resistant construction for hazardous locations available
- Custom air curtains/air doors available for any application
- Proven AMCA certified performance
- Creates a more comfortable environment for employees & customers
- Saves energy, by keeping the heating or cooling inside the building
- Allows easy access through openings, increasing safety
- Improves indoor air quality by keeping fumes, insects, and dust out
- Reduced door maintenance